Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Annoying Weirdos

I'm back, baby! I have no valid excuse for not updating le blog, just pure laziness. My last month in Melbourne went by far too fast. It's true what they say, it takes some time for you to fall in love with the city, but once you do, it gets under your skin and stays there forever, even when you work at a gelato shop where everyone is stupid and doesn't know how to function in society. We tried to squeeze in as much as possible during our last few weeks there, but I'd have to say the highlight of it all was the footy match we went to. Footy is Australian football, which is pretty much drunk American football, so it's 10 times rougher and 10 times more fun to watch. We supported the St. Kilda Saints, who surprised us and ended up scoring 18 points in the last 3 minutes of the game and unexpectedly winning! We picked the perfect match to attend.

I absolutely loved Melbourne and was sad to leave, but now I embark on a journey up the east coast of Australia for 3 weeks. I have been in Sydney since Sunday and can't wait to leave. I hate Sydney. It doesn't help that we are staying in the Underbelly and our hostel is full of annoying English folk. We've been rather antisocial and hung out on the glorious, smelly floor most of the time. Tonight we are taking an overnight bus to Byron Bay, followed by Brisbane, Fraser Island, the Whitsundays, Magnetic Island, Cairns, and the Great Barrier Reef. I am quite excited for all of this, but at the same time I'm terrified of sea life and am praying that I don't see any box jellyfish.

Quote of the day: "God, Tracy Chapman, how ambigious can you be?"- Buck

Not my chair, not my problem. No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment