Monday, May 17, 2010

Mrs. Doubtfire

Hello everyone! I am currently in the midst of my travels up north and it has been lovely. After Sydney, which I was EXTREMELY excited to leave, we went to Byron Bay, a quintessential Aussie beach town that we fell in love with. We were originally supposed to stay for one night and ended up staying for three, spending our days lounging on the beaches and enjoying a Bulmers at night. We spent one evening hiking up to the lighthouse for some incredible views of the ocean and mountains. After a rather intense hike up, (ok not really, it's just been a while since I've engaged in physical activity) we weren't too keen on hiking all the way back down. So I decided to be a daredevil and hitch a ride down for us. (Don't freak out, Ma!) It was me, Ilan, and a girl named Natalie from our hostel. As soon as I stuck out my thumb, a crazy Italian hippie picked us up and gave us a ride into town, telling us about his upcoming trip to Seattle for a 10 day frisbee competition. It was a delightful three days in Byron.

After Byron we went to Surfer's Paradise for a night, where the only eventful thing that happened was Ilan puking his brains from his first goon experience. Haha.

We are now in Brisbane and leaving soon for Hervey Bay, where we will then FINALLY make it to Fraser Island! The one place I've wanted to see the most! Can't wait.

"I wish I had a black dad."-Ilan

No comments:

Post a Comment